- Create Date Transfer Node (DTN) capable of transferring at 40 Gbps (running Globus) (production target June 2019)
- Develop tutorial/syllabus for new Linux users (production target February 2019)
- Develop tutorial/syllabus for new GAUSSIAN users (production target May 2019)
- Develop virtualization cluster for research computing work (production target Jan 2020)
- Create capability to run SPARK on CCAST cluster(s)
- Create (mobile) visualization wall using TVs and Raspberry Pi's
- Streamline large data transfers between CCAST and IT storage systems.
- Develop tutorial/syllabus for new MPI programmers (FORTRAN, C++, Python)
- Create capability to run Hadoop jobs on CCAST cluster(s) and/or commercial provider and/or XSEDE resources
- Create JypiterNotebook capability for CCAST cluster(s)
- Work with Library, IT, and CCAST to develop extension to NDSU Institutional Repository to handle research data
- Test consumer grade GPUs as calculation engines
- * Students interested in taking these on as capstone or independent study projects are invited to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Develop Webcam access to Research 2 Machine Room (production May 2018)
Upgrade Thunder to CentOS 7 and Install 40 new nodes (production June 2018)
Create capability to run Singularity images on Thunder cluster (production August 2018)